Saturday, October 20, 2012

This is my first post in a new space. A sanctuary for emotions and thoughts that have been repressed for years, a place to dream and a place to bleed. Writing has always been cathartic, pain transformed into letters and beauty and the most intense passion for the world. I set down my pen when I put up the walls, and each new experience only seemed to slap mortar onto the bricks.

I am changing that now. This isn't the first time I've desired to knock down the walls, uncage this heart. But now, I have motivation. Now, I can see with my own eyes how desperately it is needed. Now, I can see how badly I need to comb through my soul, glue back pieces and heal into something glittering and shining, a supernova trapped in the skin of a girl, able to dance to the heartstirrings of the universe. Completely whole and connected again.

This will be my asylum, padded walls to cradle raw emotions and keep the madness of numbness away. No judgments, no apprehension. Just Truth.

And all of the knowledge and learning that comes with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment