Friday, October 26, 2012

Another weekend being sick - a mopey, sniffling, snotty and coughing girlthing. The sick part isn't too bad - that was the cost of getting to be a good pet and take care of my Sir when he was feeling under the weather. Getting to snuggle up and pet his hair and make him tea, and worrying at his cough, and blushing when he chuckles at my worry.

It was a good few days. I got to make Sir breakfast and dinner, and while I am not sure how delicious it actually was, he still ate every bite and praised it, until I was a glowing melty starchild. He cleared the dishes, and I wanted to jump up and take them from his hands.

He praises me and thanks me for every thing that I do, and I want to kiss his lips and shake my head. Because all of these are things that I should be doing, all of these are things that make me happy. I like to serve him. I want to serve him better.

I want to learn to cook epic food that will make his tastebuds dance - kneel down and watch him eat from between lowered lashes. I want to clean up his home - not because it is any sort of dirty, but because I want to think of ways to make his life easier. I have trouble expressing emotions, especially topsy-turvy ones that keep going through my mind. But at least with actions... I can show Sir that I do care. I can show him that he is important to me.

I want to be a good pet. I want to submit to him. I know that sometimes I speak without thinking and my voice comes out a bit flippant, but luckily, he can tell that I don't mean anything disrespectful, or that I don't know my place. I just get too excited and happy. And there are times when I don't say "Sir", and I expect him to punish me, but he gives me a stern look and a kiss for my sheepish smile. I don't think I would mind if he punished me, though. His disappointment would hurt worse than any physical pain.

But at least it would feel better than becoming a truly spoiled pet. It is nice to have someone care enough to punish you when you do wrong, and train you how to better do right. Discipline. Sometimes, I fear I need too much of it. *sighs*

No comments:

Post a Comment